Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mom, by Chad Gallego

Chad wrote this for me for Mother's Day

My Mom

by Chad Gallego

I love my mom,
My mom is sweet,
She greatly deserves a Heavenly treat.
I imagine her sitting next to the throne,
With her around we have spiritually grown.
She shines brighter than Times Square,
She treats us all with loving care.
She may not be good at stuff like art,
But in God's eyes she is extremely smart.
She loves the Lord with all of her heart,
And stops the Devil's fiery darts.
She walks with God day and night,
And bravely fights the spiritual fight.
She wisely knows right from wrong,
And "Born Again" is her favorite praise song.
I've seen prayer warriors, lots of prayer warriors,
But none like her,
I know for a fact, I am sure.
I thank you for bringing me into this life,
You always went through hardships and lots of strife.
Sometimes you fell,
But no, you got back up and raised us well.
We all recognize that she doesn't have a phony disguise,
She is the way she is, and we'll love her even when she dies.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome memories Stacy Jane -a few tears here as well.

    ReplyDelete