Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

I’ll Never Forget...You Were There For Me

I’ll never forget my childhood and how much fun we used to have. I used to think you must have gotten so bored being home with us all the time. Little did I know, you gave up everything to give me the best. At every volleyball game, softball game, Christmas program, award ceremony, and for every sniffle...

You were there for me, mom.

I’ll never forget those nights I suffered with asthma. I would wake up to that scared look on your face knowing there was nothing you could do for me. Somehow you always made me feel better. You would just rub my back and cry with me...

You were there for me, mom.

I’ll never forget my rebellious teenage years when I wouldn’t listen to you. I was doing my own thing and you tried so hard to say the right things to help me. I chose my own way and treated you disrespectfully. But through it all, you loved me...

You were there for me, mom.

I’ll never forget taking off on weekends to go and visit Aunt Ellen or taking trips to the cabin. I remember how much fun we would have on the drive there and how hard we laughed when the waitress at the Chinese restaurant couldn’t pronounce Pepsi...

You were there for me, mom.

I’ll never forget you running through the hospital in Phoenix when I was delivering the twins, your first grandchildren. It was your 33rd wedding anniversary and you chose to get on a plane to come and see this grand event. I’ll never forget you holding your grandchildren for the first time...

You were there for me, mom.

I’ll never forget how much you helped me when my babies were born. You stayed with me and fed the babies, changed diapers, and stayed up at night just so I could sleep. And when you pulled your clothes out of the suitcase when you got home, you cried when you saw the little bootie stuck to your shirt...

You were there for me, mom.

I’ll never forget when I was down and out and had no one to turn to...two little boys to take care of, no money, and no place to live. You took us in and gave us a place to live and encouraged me to pick myself up and get back on my feet...

You were there for me, mom.

I’ll never forget my college graduation. I saw you in the crowd like I’d seen so many times before. Your little twin grandsons were sitting beside you. I saw you take pictures when they called my name and I took hold of that diploma...

You were there for me, mom.

I’ll never forget my wedding day. What a beautiful day for a wedding. Out in the crowd, I saw you again…like all the other times. I could see in your eyes how happy you were for me. You made my day complete just being there to share my day...

You were there for me, mom.

I’ll never forget as I ponder all of these memories. They come flooding back to me like a river. I treasure each of them in my heart and mom, on this Mother’s Day, I want you to know, I love you...and I will never forget...

You were there for me, mom.

1 comment:

  1. You sure know how to bring on the tears. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete