Thursday, January 19, 2012

I am God’s Favorite…and So are You!

Psalm 16:3 As for the saints who are on the earth, They are excellent ones, in whom is all my delight

For the past several weeks, I have taken hold of such an awesome truth. The truth is, I am God’s favorite…and so are you! The Lord has reached deep down in my soul to show me this beautiful reality. It struck me deep in my being when I first read my pastor’s wife’s blog. In recent months, she has been diagnosed with lung cancer. She shared with our congregation that late one evening, her husband insisted she go to the Emergency Room because she was complaining of pain in her chest. Like any other trip to the emergency room, they had waited hours and hours until they both finally dozed off. When she awoke, she looked over at her sleeping husband who was still clutching her purse that the nurse asked him to hold hours before. What a sweet picture. It made me smile at the love she had when she looked at her husband still holding her purse. When she saw her husband’s faithfulness and love, she said, “He really is my favorite.” Deep in my heart, for just a moment, I realized that’s what God thinks of me. This profound statement really stuck with me. The Lord has continued to bring that saying to my attention ever since. And every time I turn around, I am hearing God’s people sharing that same truth with me. Yes, I am God’s favorite…and so are you!


1. You are God’s Favorite because He is not partial. Webster’s definition of Partial: Inclined to favor one party more than the other.


Job 34:19 Yet He is not partial to princes, Nor does He regard the rich more than the poor: For they are all the work of His hands & Romans 2:11 says For there is no partiality with God.

I have had people respond to me from time to time, “Wow, You must be really special. God must really love you. He really favors you.” But God says in His Word, He is not partial. He will not favor me over you. You see, I am His favorite, but you are too! I rejoice with you that you share in this great reality. We are God’s own favorite people.


2. You are God’s favorite because He died for you and took you to be His own special treasure. Webster’s definition of favorite: one that is treated or regarded with special favor or liking; especially a person who is specially loved, trusted, or provided with favors by someone of high rank or authority.



Titus 2:12 who gave Himself for us, that He might purify for Himself His own special people.
He gave Himself for us. He was beaten beyond recognition as a man for our sins. He died a violent, horrible death for our sins. On the third day, He rose again to save us from our sins and now He has revealed to us that we really are His favorite. What a delight to be His favorite.

God delights in us and to Him, we are precious beyond compare. I have a special saying when I am sharing the love of Jesus to the world. I tell them, “Don’t you know, Jesus adores you?” Just a few days ago, I had my 5 year old daughter with me while getting my hair cut at a salon. The door of the salon opened and a thin, tattooed gentleman brought his little 4 year old daughter in the salon. He asked my hair stylist could his daughter play in the salon with my daughters. She came in and my 5 year old, Grace whispered in my ear, “Does she have Jesus in her heart?” I smiled and whispered back, “I don’t know, why don’t you ask her?’ Grace shared with the little girl the simple bible truths of the gospel that I had taught her and the she opened her heart and prayed with us to accept Jesus in her heart. My heart melted inside when her big brown eyes widened when I explained Jesus now lived in her heart. This beautiful, blonde girl had just become God’s own favorite. When I walked out of the salon, I saw the parents of the little girl outside the door. Their bodies were riddled with the effects of drug addiction. I wanted to hug the mom and tell her, “Don’t you know, your little girl is God’s own favorite? She is His treasure and He wants you as His favorite too.” My heart hurt inside when I saw the emptiness in her eyes and that she didn’t know the depths of this great love for her.


3. You are God’s favorite FOREVER. Webster’s definition of forever: For a limitless time; at all times: continually.


You are God’s special treasure and this astounding promise lasts forever and FOREVER! This reality has brought me to my knees in tears countless times over the past several weeks. I am His favorite and this warms me from the inside out and blesses me beyond words.

Psalm 30:5 For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life.


Hebrews 13:5 For He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.”


It’s hard to imagine that this great God is not partial. We are, in fact, His favorites. We are His own special people and so are any of the “whosoevers” that John 3:16 talks about. Let us live every day in the reality that we are God’s favorite. Let us live our lives out loud for those who are lost and hurting and have no love. Let us bring them this great love that cannot be compared…that they would know they are God’s favorite and this great love lasts FOREVER!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful TESTIMONY! God bless you always. Always keeping the faith in our father.

    ReplyDelete