Saturday, March 12, 2011

Heaven



As I spent the last hour scanning the internet for photos of flowers in Heaven, I came to realize there were no photos available to give you a glimpse of an idea what my son, Charlie, saw the night he went to Heaven. Honestly, there were no human words that could have fully wrapped themselves around this beautiful experience. Even Charlie himself, with his 8 year old mind, fought to give us details that even he could not express or comprehend. Our hearts burned with a longing to have been where he had been and to have experienced this face to face encounter with the One True God, Jesus Christ.

Charlie crept into my room at 4:00 am on October 21, 2007. I had checked on him several times through the night as he was recovering from the flu. I thought he may have been sick again. His little body looked frail as I saw him come into my room.

“Mom, I know you’re tired, but may I tell you about my dream?” he said. I rested on my pillow with my eyes closed wanting to drift off to sleep. But when the words came out of his mouth, immediately I was struck to the heart. I opened my eyes and looked down at my son lying on the floor next to my bed. Exodus 34:34-35 But whenever Moses went before the Lord to speak with Him, he would take the veil off until he came out; and he would come out and speak to the children of Israel whatever he had been commanded. And whenever the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses’ face shone, then Moses would put the` veil on his face again, until he went in to speak with Him. When I looked at Charlie, I could see something shining. He looked like a completely different child when I looked at his face. I saw this humble little boy with a bright and shining aura around him. I kept these things in my heart as I listened to him. I was so astounded by his detailed account that I took him directly to the computer and typed it word for word that we would never forget the details of this wondrous encounter with Jesus. This is his personal account of what he saw when he went to Heaven:



“I went to Heaven, mom. In a blink of an eye, I was there. Mom, you wouldn’t believe what I saw. I saw these beautiful flowers…red, blue, green, pink, and yellow. The flowers were so soft and full. There wasn’t any sign of the death in the flower. They were so beautiful. They were “fat” and soft and blooming. There were huge rose buds, big and blossoming. I saw poppies and roses and big blue bushes of flowers. I had never seen anything like them, mom. I can’t even describe to you the colors I saw because I had never seen the colors before.

I walked on the ground and when I walked it was bright and shiny like a light bulb. It was so shiny and clear. Revelation 21:21 And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass. The sky was so bright. It was like a sun. It was like the sun all over. The sky wasn’t blue like it normally is. It was so, so bright. Revelation 22:4-5 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

I was there, mom. I was there with other people. I couldn’t see their faces. They were like angels. They had snow white robes on and their faces were bright. All of them had light brown ropes that came down from their shoulders down to their waists.

Jesus was there too. These brightly dressed people were on either side of Him. He was wearing a robe that was whiter than white. Mom, I had never seen anything so white. There was not one little stain or wrinkle or streak on this robe. It was whiter than snow or anything I have ever seen, ever. His face was like the sun. Matthew 17:2 His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. His hair was from his head to his shoulders and it was curly and golden. I can’t explain the gold color of his hair because I had never seen the color before. It was a color all its own. I couldn’t see his face because it was so bright, but I knew it was Him.

We stood at the end of Heaven. Nobody told me I was in Heaven. I just knew I was there. I saw a huge, clear, white hole. Inside the hole, it was something like a magnifying glass. It was moving in a circle. We looked through the hole and we saw all the people on the earth. We took pictures of all of the people on earth that we could see through the hole. The people were just walking around just living like normal. I saw people in a bank walking around and getting their money. They didn’t know we were watching them. I understood everything Jesus was saying, even though there were no words. Psalm 139:1-4 Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thoughts afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Nobody spoke a word, not even me. I knew in my heart that Jesus knew who was going to heaven and who was not going.

Jesus came up to me and with his bright, shining face and gave me his camera. We started taking pictures of all of the people. Jesus knew who was good and who was not good. Jesus wanted to take a picture of me. The next thing I knew, I slipped through the magnifying glass-type hole. I felt my body being forced out of the hole and pushed out of the wall into my room and back into my bed. I saw the camera flash and my eyes opened. I fully woke up and felt a force push me so hard that it almost pushed me off of my bed. I was out of breath and my breathing was heavy.

I sat in awe as he motioned with his hands and tried with all of his might to help me understand this experience he had with the Most High God. I couldn’t get over the glow on his face. It was so evident that he was really with Jesus. I had a great fear of the Lord.

In amazement by Charlie’s experience, the Lord brought to mind a friend’s Jewish grandfather who was 90+ years old. He was on his death bed. My friend had been fervently praying for him for years. I knew Charlie had been in the presence of the Lord. I knew by the evidence of his glowing appearance. He had indeed seen Jesus. I told Charlie that we were going to pray for my friend’s grandfather right there and I believed that the Lord would save him.

Days later we learned that my friend’s grandfather passed away, but not before he gave his life to Jesus on his death bed. Now he would experience so much more than the glimpse of Heaven Charlie had experienced. He would be in the presence of the Lord in all of its fullness. Words cannot describe all that the Lord has planned for those who love Him!

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for the amazing gift that the Lord gave to Charlie (and to those who hear his story)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before my mothr died , she would visit this beautifl place tht was filled with flowers, she could hardly describe them. She said that she had never seen flowers like that before.The colors and texture were so beautifl. She said tht a man would pick her up and take her there and bring her back. Oh it was so lovely that she described. I said to her dont stay too long , because you may not come back. She left Dec. 5 and did not come back. I thank God that he would allow her to share her experience. I got a glimpse of the beautiful place she is in now. It is beyond words. I will never forget the excitement in her voice as she traveled there. It brings me gret comfort. Oh how good God is. I canot wait to go there.

    ReplyDelete